There has never been a more relevant or crucial time to get a professional designation than right now, as the demand for best interest financial planning is growing continuously.
It’s no longer enough to just say you’re a fiduciary – now you have to prove it! In fact, if you are not willing to do everything it takes to be a fiduciary, or worse, if you’re not 100% sure of exactly what being a true fiduciary entails, we recommend that you do not claim to be a fiduciary at all! These days, carelessly claiming to be a fiduciary without proper knowledge, education, and a proven best interest standard of practice could result in costly litigation. The problem with saying that you are not a fiduciary, however, is that your clients and certain regulators are still demanding it.
This is why the National Association of Certified Financial Fiduciaries (NACFF) exists. NACFF was created to provide all the information, tools and resources needed for financial professionals to ensure they are compliant with and adhering to all fiduciary standards. We have taken it a step further by providing a comprehensive fiduciary training program and certification process that will further establish qualified financial professionals as Certified Financial Fiduciaries® (CFF).
The Certified Financial Fiduciary®designation is the only designation that focuses solely on training financial professionals to be true fiduciaries. It is the only designation that clients and prospects can recognize as a designation meant to protect them.
The CFF designation is reserved for financial professionals who have successfully completed a rigorous certification and training process established by NACFF and AFEA (The American Financial Education Alliance), and who agree to uphold the highest moral, ethical and fiduciary standards of service when providing advice to potential or existing clients.
Financial professionals who have earned the Certified Financial Fiduciary® (CFF) designation can immediately and clearly demonstrate an expert knowledge of fiduciary standards and how they practice a fundamental obligation to always put their client’s best interests first. Additionally, CFF designees are bound by a code of conduct which holds them to the highest standards of professionalism in the financial services industry.
The certification mark coupled with the information and processes taught in the course make it easy for a financial professional to quickly demonstrate the added value and security they bring to potential and existing clients.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CERTIFIED FINANCIAL FIDUCIARY® CERTIFICATION
- Eligible candidates must possess a professional financial certification/ designation, or professional financial license (securities, insurance, accounting, etc.), or a combination of education and experience deemed satisfactory by the NACFF Advisory Council
- Exemplify highest standards of morals, ethics, and fiduciary standards of service
- Successfully complete a rigorous training and certification process at one of our training events
- Pass the 100-question CFF exam with a score of 75% or better
- Pass a full background check and be in good standing with all state and federal license requirements
- Business office must be reviewed for best practices and compliance
- Complete and submit the signed CFF Application for Certification.
- Includes agreeing to the NACFF Terms of awarding and maintaining certification
- Agree to abide by and uphold the CFF Code of Conduct